Impromptu Night Shooting


What was supposed to be a fireworks shoot became an impromptu night shooting.


June 24, the "Araw ng Maynila" (Manila Day) celebration, was held at Rajah Sulayman Park. This was the last week of outgoing Mayor Lito Atienza, who hosted the event and made his farewell address to the Manilenos.

And once again, I attempted to capture fireworks, something I've failed at accomplishing on numerous occasions. I had set up early on top of a truck and patiently waited through a long series of performances, only to find out that I was facing the opposite direction. Though I was able to reposition the tripod, my view was already being blocked by the workers standing on the truck.


I did manage to get my shots, but the results didn't come out as nice as I hoped it would. Frustrated and not wanting to go home emptyhanded, I ended up walking around the park, shooting anything around me.






3 hours later, with my battery nearly depleted, I decided to call it a night and took a cab home. The pictures weren't spectacular, but at least I was able to pull off a few good shots.


It was an exhausting night but at least it wasn't a total loss.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ang gnada na talaga ng maynila, sana ipagpatuloy at mapaganda pa lalo ng papalit kay mayor.

gusto ko yung kuha mo na fireworks then ng foreground na bandera ng pilipinas...

Ebb Tide said...

Good shots despite of all the obstacles. Thanks for posting the fireworks in Manila. I felt homesick. I have not been back for 31 yrs.

Sidney said...

Those pictures are almost history. Soon all that will be destroyed.

Anonymous said...

nice series of shots!

Señor Enrique said...

I'm really impressed by your passion. I should follow your lead and just get out there and do some night shots.

Great shots!

polen said...

Galeng ng compositions! Talagang napapaganda mo Maynila sa mga choice of subjects mo, especially that one of the fireworks with the Philipping Flag, had the flag unfurled a little mo, perfect!

Keep on clickin'!

Polen